Saturday 17 December 2011

We have been fishing.

Hi again,
today Graham and I went fishing on the boat. We had planned to be on the water by 7am but due to a late night we slept in a little so was on the water at 8am instead. What a perfect day to be out on the water. You know the saying that when there are lots of people somewhere .... every man and his dog was there.... well today I think every man and both his dogs were out on their boats. The car park was full and they had to open an extra car park for the boat trailers. We didn't have great success though and came home with 3 Skippy and a flounder. I caught a few Rass which we don't eat so threw them back. I had never seen a flounder before so I took some photos.

The Rass that I kept throwing back. Pretty but not good eating.

Graham caught 2 of these Sambo's but they weren't big enough so got thrown back.

Now how did she get in here on a fishing post..... oh well I did mention dogs didn't I?
This is the Flounder. Graham hooked him but he got off and then I cast my line and caught him. This time he didn't get off. The fish is flat and a mottled colour on one side and white on the other.
Wow 2 post on one day. Making up for all the quiet times I have.

No comments:

ESAD 2017 Last Chance Sale-a-bration Blog Hop

hello and welcome to my blog.  I am taking part in another blog hop and you may have come from the talented Bec"s Blog  . If you a...