Friday 29 October 2010

Punches Blog Hop

Hello and welcome to the inaugural South Pacific punch art blog hop!!!
We are a bunch of Stampin Up demonstrators from New Zealand and Australia who love our Stampin' Up! punches. We have gotten together to showcase a selection of the punches you can purchase from Stampin' Up! We know we will inspire you and encourage you to use those punches in new and beautiful ways. Please leave a comment and let us know what you think to go in the draw to win some yummy scrummy punch art blog candy (offer not available to su demos).
 
please  email Clare  with full name/user name when you have commented on each blog so she can pick a winner.It will be left open for a week (Friday 5th 10am) for you to make comments before she will randomly pick a winner.  

Welcome to my stop on the Stampin' Up! Punches blog hop. You may be just starting here or you may have arrived from Angie's blog.
A week or so ago I showed you a card that my good friend Lee-Anne designed. I needed to make a card for a swap and one for today using the scallop trim punch. I used her colours and basic sketch and made a new card using the ovals die. I really like the end result. The colours are Vanilla, Crumb cake, Baja breeze and Early Espresso. I used Sanded for the background. The leaves are Pear Pizzazz.

 Next I needed to make a gift for my Secret Sister on ESAD and as it is reveal time its OK for me to show you it on here. I had made a candle holder using the flower folds die and the big shot. I used some aluminium flashing to cut out each of the flowers. I made the candle myself as my friend Lee-Anne has been teaching me how to make my own soy wax candles. 


Then of course you need a box for the candle so I measured up the candle and made a box to fit. I used the scallop trim border punch for around the lid edge and then used the scallop trim corner punch and the border one to make the black square on the top of the box. I sprayed the square with my homemade shimmer mist made with frost white shimmer paint and rubbing alcohol. I made the little razzleberry roses and added a few rhinestones. Of course there are more punches used on my box with the word window, modern label and 2 step bird punch. I hope my Secret Sister likes it.




Now you can hop on over to Steph's blog for some more punched inspiration. Incase you get lost on the way here is a list of all the blogs to visit.


10 comments:

Karen said...

Super duper as always Andrea, love your candle holders

Angie said...

Andrea, That candle holder is amazing .... wow, I bet she loves it.

Unknown said...

lovely projects, and that candle holder is terrific.

Lynda said...

Wow, wow, WOW Andrea...I LURVE to bits your candle holder. So much work...but soooooooo worth it!! I have bookmarked a couple of your pucnh ideas. TFS.

DionneS said...

your candle holder is fabulous and the box you have made is beautiful too. I love the roses on the box.

Unknown said...

thanks so much for joining in with the punch art blog hop! those little roses on your box are just adorable!

Unknown said...

GORGEOUS - who wouldn't love to receive that box and the candle holder!

Janice Spencer said...

The candle holder is stunning. I love it! Thanks for sharing your lovely work with us.

Janice Spencer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan Joyce said...

Hi Andrea,
Love the card and your candle holder is stunning. Fabulous projects!

ESAD 2017 Last Chance Sale-a-bration Blog Hop

hello and welcome to my blog.  I am taking part in another blog hop and you may have come from the talented Bec"s Blog  . If you a...