Wednesday 10 February 2010

A few of my favourite things

I have had a nice quiet day at home today and I have been enjoying a few of my favourite things..... Card making, my dog Skye and my roses.
I haven't shown you any pics of Skye lately so bear with me while I put her on show. On Australia Day we went to a friends and she met a new friend Ebony. She also was introduced to chooks for the first time and she was a naughty girl and chased them up and down their pen, from the outside but they were still rather upset.


I chopped Graham out of this photo of Ebony and Skye so that is why there is a little halo around their heads. Its much better than a pot belly and a beer as a background.


I'm a big girl now!

Checking out the chooks

also my roses are looking great at the moment and I do love flowers, especially roses. I picked a nice vase of fuller blooms and don't they look nice?


I have also been creating today. I have actually created 2 square cards. I am pleased with what I have done. The first card is using my circle scissors for the circles and even punched the scallop edge with the edge punch. I just used 3 scallops from the end and kept moving it around. It was very easy and looks great. I used Urban Garden designer paper and my latest new stamp set Petal Pizzazz. I only bought this set because I really liked the look of the flowers in the US set Vintage vogue and thought with some Kissing I may be able to make these look a bit like them. I did them by just kissing the clean En francais stamp with the loaded stamp but it want noticeable enough so I inked up the background stamp with Not Quite Navy and kissed my flower stamp to it before stamping on whisper white. What do you think?


This next card I made using Fifth Ave Floral I stamped on the front of my whisper white card and coloured it using ink from the stamp pads. I then cut the right hand edge off and around the flower. I then stamped the flower on my imaging sheet and turned it over and pressed it on the back of the cut out flower. I used the Three little words set for the greeting. I even stamped an envelope to match. I thought I would make this card for my mum for valentines day. I was telling my daughter that you can give anyone you love a Valentines card.




well what a long post. I also have lots more cards that I ahve made recently to show so will come back another day to show you them.

3 comments:

Kerry Parkinson said...

Wow Andrea, that FAF card is stunning! Your mum will love it, I am sure. Thanks for the inspiration.

Richelle said...

Skye looks so cute! And ur cards are great too

Anonymous said...

I love your Mum's valentines day card.

Sally

ESAD 2017 Last Chance Sale-a-bration Blog Hop

hello and welcome to my blog.  I am taking part in another blog hop and you may have come from the talented Bec"s Blog  . If you a...