Sunday 11 September 2011

Lace Ribbon Border Punch

hello again,
I thought I would get another post in before going off to the farm. I made a few things using the Lace Ribbon Border Punch. I didn't think I would use this punch much and very nearly didn't buy it. Well since I have been doing some research I have found that there are many uses for it. You saw the altered bottle I made for camp which I used a strip of the Lace ribbon punch with a ribbon threaded through. The next card I made by stencilling through the lace piece onto white card and I also punched a strip and cut it in half to use as a mat behind the main piece. I have a picture of the first piece I stencilled in Bashful Blue but then decided to a darker one. 

This is the stencilled piece in blue
I used the butterfly from the Creative Elements set and embossed it in white on Wisteria Wonder card.


I then punched a strip that I added the 2nd piece from the triple layer punch Blossom Bouquet. I had done a 12 inch piece for a scrapbook page but decided to cut it down for a card. I then ran it through the big shot with the new stripes folder. I wasn't sure what to do with the card then, so I ended up just punching out the bird from the new stamp set Language of friendship. I used the greeting from that set as well but to use the modern label punch I had to cut off the name at the bottom.

Not the best photo but it shows the card. 

The final card I have to show you I cased. I just spent half an hour looking for the card again so I can credit the creator. Please if you know who it is let me know so I can credit her. I love the way the punch is used for a border and the piece that comes out of the centre I used for the greeting. I punched 1 inch circles to put behind the flower.
Well that turned into a long post. I will try to schedule a post for while I am away.
hope your weekend has been a good one.



1 comment:

Lianne said...

how did you work out teh placement of the corners. looks great

ESAD 2017 Last Chance Sale-a-bration Blog Hop

hello and welcome to my blog.  I am taking part in another blog hop and you may have come from the talented Bec"s Blog  . If you a...